2016. október 8., szombat

Saturday chill and REUSE - International student edition

Weekend, finally! I am so happy about being free from school for now; I can focus on my room, writing my blog and look inside of myself. Recovery, precisely. 
It was not long ago, I discovered an awesome place in Aarhus; a new phenomena, a recycle warehouse called REUSE. For my fellow newcomers, it is located near Godsbanen near Double Rainbow bar (you just read about it, right?), where people can leave their still usable stuff and the ones in need can take them for free. I have already been there 4 times, and all four times I found amazing things from books to candle holders to furniture. I also put something in return once, but I will be honest, I took lot of stuff already. "Student's life", some say.
Today I also went there and found bunch of stuff, I only recorded one bird pin among them, the picture will be seen below. 
Indeed, my plantation in my window is growing! I know, I know, I have already promised pictures about them, and you will get them as soon as possible. It is worth waiting, I promise!
I also realized something during these days: Aarhus has beautiful ceilings! Normally, it is so hard to look up and see houses' ceilings and rooftops, but when we do, we just found them really pretty. Here are some examples:





Besides, Aarhus has great street art - I took photos of the ones I recently found! Here they are!




And here some tips if you are an international student in this beautiful city and you think you are lost, alone, or any worse:

  • YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Hopefully, at your school you have people around (classmates, teachers, counselors). Do not hesitate to call or write them if you feel lost.
  • The weather right now in Aarhus is perfect! I know, the summer was shitty, but comparing to the last 3 years, the Sun shines almost every single day! Put your face to the Sun and inhale the fresh air if you can. Relax your muscles, feel the wind (I know, the hurricane :)).
  • Don't have money for food? Dumpster dive! Have you ever tried? Have you heard about it? Want to know some rules? Or maybe you are suspicious, almost against? Find friends who have ever been dumpster diving and ask them or go with them. It is fun, it is environmentally friendly, it changes your states of mind. Danes, even though they have money, do it too!
  • Go to the sea! If you have a bike, it does not cost anything and you can enjoy yourself with a book.Wear multiple layers though, it is getting colder!
Last but not least: enjoy your staying here! Denmark, Aarhus is wonderful. I know it, since I have been here for a long time. Find opportunities, open your minds and be friendly like the Danes! Yes, people, irony ;)


Amazing, isn't it? 3 types of wood and a hint of cuteness meet in this birdie pin

Ha' en rigtig go' weekend!






Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése