2017. május 3., szerda

Amsterdam study trip - Artsy glimpse

This year, we decided to go on a study trip to Amsterdam. I think it was the best choice to make: it was close, to DK., most people were able to come, and, I have also never been there either. Before even take a move there, I was warned by my friend what to visit: Red Light district, canals, coffee shops. It was good to know that I can rely on my friends in that matter (smoking and prostitution), so I definitely went with high expectations. After all precautions, I can only say about Amsterdam is: CHEESE SHOPS!!! A lot! And annoying tourists. And designer shops. And rotten fish smell. And tulips from wood. And: mega-intensive bike traffic. City center in a glimpse. :)

Although, as I do most of the times, I put the focus on more interesting things than stupid tourist attractions: I was seeking for the best street art, design solutions, small architectural details and people living in the capital. What I saw through my camera? Peacefulness, integrity, diversity. I liked the city scape a lot.

By the way: It was almost impossible to capture all the cool details in the city since there are a lot. Amsterdam is the flagship of street design for sure, filled with everyday issues, people's interests and many more.

This is what caught my eyes.


Social issues


Political issues


Remembrance


Ad hoc 


Contemporary street art


Store made 'truth'


 A Hungarian reference (film making)



Fire(?) wall (re)decoration



Vibrant cartoon graffiti

Amsterdam, thank you so much for inspiring me during my stay in you! As I felt, the people also like you and living in you. Always be a cool Amsterdam! (less tourists, pls!). 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése